SIoT will feature a comprehensive technical and industrial program covering the latest research, innovation and tendencies in the broad field of IoT.
Call For Papers
A short CFP for disclosure purposes can be found at:
The SIoT is an international symposium dedicated to the broad field of Internet of Things, including all scientific and technological related aspects. The symposium is organized and sponsored by the Brazilian Forum of IoT and Brazilian Microelectronics Society – SBMicro. It will hold place in conjunction to its annual conference. SIoT also holds a technical co-sponsorship from IEEE/EDS. In addition, SIoT counts on co-sponsorship from Brazilian Telecommunication Society – SbrT, Brazilian Computer Society – SBC and Brazilian Agro Informatics Association – SBIAgro. This international event offers a unique blend of internet of things and serves as a major opportunity for the discussion of interdisciplinary research around the world through a variety of formats, such as oral presentations, poster session and exhibits. All approved papers of the symposium will be published at the IEEE Xplore. It will be held in hybrid format (in person and virtual).
The areas of interest include, among other related:
• Vertical IoT Applications and Services (industrial, rural, urban, etc.)
• Security and Privacy for IoT
• Blockchain for the IoT
• Communication Technologies for IoT
• Systems Development Methods for IoT
• Devices / components for IoT
• Management of IoT devices, gateways or edge nodes
• IoT / Cyber-Physical Systems integration
• IoT edge, fog, and cloud architectures
• Architectures and Models for IoT
• AI and Machine Learning for IoT
• Data Science for IoT
• Web of Things for IoT
• Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in IoT
• Signal sensing and processing
• Interoperability in IoT
• Human Interaction with IoT
• Social impacts and ethical implications of IoT
- Paper Submission:
August 1st, 2022
August 15th, 2022
- Acceptance Notification:
September 12th, 2022
September 22nd, 2022
- Camera Ready Deadline:
October 1st, 2022
October 10th, 2022
All papers for the I Symposium on IoT should be submitted via OCS (Open Conference System). The proceedings will be submitted for publication by IEEE and will remain available at IEEE Xplore®.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission).
The page length limit for all initial submissions for review is FOUR (4) printed pages (10-point font) and must be written in English. Initial submissions longer than FOUR (4) pages will be rejected without review.
A complete template (Latex and Word) to prepare your paper is available here https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
During the initial paper submission process via OCS, authors are responsible for removing any information from their manuscripts that might lead a reviewer to discern their identities or affiliations, ensuring a blind review.
For the blind review:
- Remove all mentions of author name(s), institutional affiliations(s) and sources of funding from the paper (including page headers and footers, footnotes and acknowledgments);
- Please avoid phrasing in which you refer to your own previously published work (for example, “elsewhere I have argued…”). If possible, refer to your own references in the third person. Avoid citing unpublished manuscripts;
- Check that all identifiers have been removed from electronic files such as Microsoft Word documents (File → Information → Check for issues → Inspect Document).
Please, address questions regarding the OCS System or IEEE Xplore to the Publication Chair, Antonio Galhardi ([email protected]
). Address other technical questions to Technical Program Co-Chair, Cecilia Cesar ([email protected]
Paper submission: http://symposiumiot.com.br/
For authors with accepted articles:
1) After reviewing the paper by following the reviewer(s) suggestions, authors should upload the corrected camera-ready paper once again via our online submission system.
2) After camera-ready submission deadline, authors will receive an e-mail with instructions to fill out and upload IEEE’s copyright form, as well as meet the latest IEEE Xplore® requirements for PDF files.
Abstracts for Poster Session:
A one page abstract are requested for student papers, following the same format as regular papers.